Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Two dead bodies on the road

Thailand, Trat,
02-03-2010.

In over a full week of being on the move in Phnom Penh, walking up to eight hours a day and despite the heavy trafic, I saw no accidents though the heavy motorbike invested flow of mad city dwellers on their way to God knows where, always moving around me when I crossed the streets, a bit like a wave engulving me. I soon enough learned to cross Phom Penh's busy roads like the locals, don't wait but go for it at a steady speed though not to soon and everybody on a motorbike and even cars will evade you like the waves of the mighty Thai ocean - or was it the Phnom Penh trafic ocean. Don't hestitate or try to return to your safe spot on the sidewalk...they will go paranoid...

Just outside Phnom Penh and well on my way to Koh Kong in my dirty and rusty local bus trying hard to keep some sort of managable control over my tortured darms - if there is one major thing in Cambodia I didn't like it was with a GREAT leap forward the food - I see my first trafic accident in this dusty and hard to understand country. A overloaded minibus banged into the side of the road, its load all over the place, a motorbike pretty much in a state of total loss and two equally total loss looking local human bodies....

My old and beat up local bus has to swarve around the beat up motorbike as well as the two dead bodies, heads and chests caved in pretty much like that overloaded minibus they quite obviously had a head-on collision with...young lives wasted even before they could actually start them...and all that on a empty belly and darms that growl in protest...

Tomorrow I will be in Thailand. No more long hikes but easy mornings on the boulevard, enjoying the meditational feelings inside my Farang skull brought about by my afternoon painting sessions...I can hardly wait!!!

No comments: