Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Easy come, easy go

Thailand, Pattaya,
23-03-2010.

Easy come, easy go, I presume....all the money Miss Jiff made, the big pile of reddish-colored 100 Baht notes as well as sevaeral purpelish notes of 500 Baht didn't last very long. "Please, please, you help me pay for rent room me...3000 Baht for Tuk's rent plus 500 Baht for the electricity bill - I am surprised she didn't try to get another 500 Baht out of me for the water bill - then, of course I had to give some Dinero Thailandes to Miss Jiff for selling all my art cr*p in the first place and giving 2000 Baht to Miss Joy for her dentist bill was a real bad idea to begin with - I am pretty sure her freeloading drunken boyfriend Clyde-The- Selfproclaimed-Autor of her life story will probably booze it all to high heaven and beyond on Thai moonshine whiskey and/or cans of Chang with poor Joy doing her Hot Momma work on the boulevard, tooth ache or no tooth ache...

And then of course all these crazy models demanding Mas Dinero for food and drinks while waiting their turn to get immortalise by way of acrylics on drawing paper - Bejesus, normally they take all that stuff up to my room paying for it themselves, munching away of Kao Pat Khong - fried rice with shrimp - barbecued chicken legs and maybe a bottle of Hong Thong whiskey to wash it all down, coca cola with a bag of ice cubes to dillude the strong taste of Thai whiskey, make it go down the female throat even faster which also means faster results...

When I propose to Tuk to walk down to Pattaya Festival shopping mall for a sushi meal - definitely needing a break and some fresh air after having been contained inside my room by this army of scarcely dressed local females, TV blaring away with Thai talking heads explaining the progress of the Red Shirts demonstrations in Bangkok, gossiping models waiting their turn for the drawing paper contest - no way any of them is getting the message - cr*p in hell or the Buddhist Nirvana afterlife... I wanna be alone with Tuk, my new-found love in this Pattaya life of mine, but no they all think it is a good idea,,,yeah lets go sushi dining, Hans-The-Ting-Tong painter has got his pockets full with Thai money, lets get out and have fun, lets eat out...

Before I know Que Pasa I am pushed into my bathroom which is full with the typical female paraphynelia, lip sticks in several soft colors, flacons of shampoo in different shapes and smells have appeared out of nowhere - even the 7/Eleven down the Soi is enjoying my new found wealth I suspect - hair extentions that didn't last long and a box of tampons betraying me at least member of that crazy army of femininity is on her period, flash eye lashes - which of these ladies needed these? - and, oh magic nights help me get away from this weird Susie Wong In Hong Kong scene, a pair of ladies underwear lying forlornly in a corner...

Outside the Pattaya Music Festival 2010 looks a bit like the Dutch Queensday and Amsterdam Uitmarkt combined in one but without the color orange, huge stages with groups playing jazz, Thai love songs, bluess etc...the girls are excited, almost in extasy, the ohs and ahs mingling with the sounds of over the top, semi drunk Bangkokians all around me...secretly I wonder if whatever money is left over from Jiff' s selling spree, will suffice to pay for all these sushi-hungry female bellies...like I said, easy come, easy go....at least I aint no Cheap Charley, just a Ting Tong painter from good old Amsterdam which by the way I am really starting to miss

No comments: