Thursday, March 25, 2010

A painter's block

Thailand, Pattaya,
26-03-2010.

Walking into the lobby on my way to the boulevard, really in need of my first 7/Eleven coffee of the day I get confronted by a heavy scene...all Miss Fohn's belongings stuffed into two black garbage bags, her little son Jacky's baby bed, little plastic baby bath tub tied to the top, poor Fohn argueing fiercly with three of Thailand's finest about the fate of Little Jacky who is quite happily suckling his bottle of milk in the arms of one of the cleaning ladies, blissfully unaware his fate is under heavy discussion here...

If there is one thing in Thailand a Farang should never do it is interfering in local problems...and anyway I know Que Pasa here...I have blogged about Miss Fohn and her baby Jacky before, poor baby Jacky who was conceived last year when I was in Pattaya and his young mother who is totally of her head on Yaa-Baa, crystal myth and cocaine leaving Jacky in the hands of whoever sits in front of the New Star while she is doing her number again on whatever Farang happens to be in the mood for a 300 Baht shorttime, using the money to get high again, returning often hours later to pick up Jacky...not all that unusual here in Pattaya where mixed-race infants belonging to Hot Mommas and unknown Farang fathers are the norm rather than the exception...

I have my own problems to take care of, like Miss Jiff who has taken over dominance of my room, who seems to think she is in control at what time I should paint - read 24/7 here -, what models can enter my room, taking over my shopping list and running off with whatever art comes out of my hands, returning to my room with new models I have never seen before, models she pays with the cash that she makes selling my artwork, buying massive amounts of acrylic paint, pensils, crayons, eastindian ink etc but obviously forgetting my empty belly..."no time for eat, Hans, you must work, good for you, good for me"...

Yeah, I get the picture allright...she has got the smell of Dinero in her little Thai nostrils and is not about let that delicious aroma out of her smelling range, forcing me to spend most of my time in my room, my orange-colored hotel-provided towel wrapped around my hips while I wonder what Thai female next will walk through the hole that is my room's entrance...I think it is about time I start suffering from a painter's block....

No comments: