Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Another Ting Tong painter in Pattaya

Thailand, Pattaya,
17-03-2010.

Joy, a 51 year old Hot Momma who is pushing it hard to get the most out of her last few years remaining as a professional Hot Momma, her face being kept together by countless layers of mascara and make-up but still in the possession of a youthful body and one of my models for years now, has recently told me to visit her at her dingy room at the PS Guest House to meet her 23 year old Englsih boyfriend Clyde who, according to her is also a "real" artist and living in her room, being suported by her with food, free lodging and unusual amounts - even in Pattaya - of Chang and Thai moonshine whisky ...

The PS Guest House's lobby is as usual frequented by a steady group of drunk habituees whose nationalities are either Dutch or Belgium and come to Pattaya every year in order to booze under more pleasant circumstances than back in cold Europe, a few worn-out Hot Mommas dressed in what are suppossed to be sexy skirts or super short jeans but look more like rags to me - no big surprise there since the ladies living at this dump aka as the biggest shorttime hotel in Pattaya - are rumoured to be all hooked to these little red pills...tables full with overflowing asstrays, empty bottles of Chang and a ungly-looking Kathoy sitting on a motorbike outside eyeing me with keen interest - probably considering wether or not it will be worth his/her while to leave his/her comfortable roosting place to solicite me or not...well, this is the PS Guest House after all.

I greet the drunk boozers politely making a bit of small talk with fat-bellied and foul smelling Mark from Blankenberge before mounting the steps to room 11 which is in the back of this slab of concrete, where the rooms are the cheapest but also the dirtiest - another Kathoy coming down the stairs, fat and unshaven legs poking out of a mini skirt which he/she lifts momentarily and provocatively before continuing on his/her merry way...maybe no business but surely a bit of Sanuk, the Thai word for fun and oh so important here in happy-always Pattaya...

My persistent knocking is eventually successfull with a bloke dressed in urine-stained white underwear, deperately in need of a shave and a good shapood hairwash and whose face could do with a complete reconstruction job, looking drunk - surely off his head on booze by the smell of it - and totally out of it but apperently aware of the purpose of my visit, inviting me in, showing me around the dingy room whose concrete walls are covered in nude pen drawing of Joy, notebooks scattered around the floor, are everywhere which according to Joy contain her life's story and Clyde from Newcastle - this number one freeloader in his yellow-stained underwear - plans to publish back in jolly old England, make a bundle and share the provits with her...

I am aware that a real artist is more often than not a nutcase - look at Vincent Van Gogh, Peter Klashorst or maybe ameteur artist and happy blogger MOI but this is pushing its limits...or maybe not remembering my own prolonged stay at Lucky's and Mick's bar all these years ago where I would often wake up to a room looking just as dirty as this one, the floor covered in empty beer cans and Burmese sigar butts, opening my eyes to a female body that I had no memerance of ever having seen before though obviously having picked up the night before while wandering down the boulevard from my drunken bouts in Walking Street, my head heavy on all the consumed Tiger beer I was so crazy about in these mad years of my excistence...

No comments: