Sunday, March 21, 2010

Miss Jiff selling my artwork

Thailand, Pattaya.
20-03-2010.

I watch from my postion on the bed how Tuk is paying her respects to her personal Phra Phum, maybe a few Wais for some deceased relative or else to the greatest of mankind, Lord Buddha himself, in front of her little Buddhist shrine in a corner of her room...insence is slowly drifting my way propelled by the small table fan while she preforms her sacred duties.

Turning my eyes to the walls I admired the newspaper sized paintings I made of her last night...they came out well despite Tuk's incapacity to remain still and in place...a styrofoam box with Khao Pad chicken with omelette and two plastic bags containing warm sojamilk betraying me she has already been outside buying breakfast while I was still asleep...

Walking down Soi Honey-Inn to my guest house, holding hands the way lovers do - I seem to remember we upgraded our relationship to that level last night in between modelling sessions and a good thing it was keeping her more at ease sitting on the bed stark naked posing for me - walking up the stairs, arms around each other's waist while the reception ladies smile approvingly, the cleaning ladies giving me secret smiles full with understanding...

The shock comes in my room where the walls have been bared of my artwork, my styrofoam plates with dried acrylics cleaned or replaced with fresh ones, new tubes of paint and blank paper...Miss Jiff sitting on the bed, smiling at me broadly making her overbite looking even more grotesque, the remants of a plate of fried fish with rice and a can of Archa beer next to her - her breakfast no doubt - a huge pile of hunderd Baht notes lying on my bedside table...what the heck has happened here...

Apperently while I was staying overnight in Tuk's room on Soi Bukauow, Jiff took down all my artwork from the last couple of weeks and sold it at the Pattaya Music Festival 2010 making nearly 10.000 baht in the process as she proudly informs me waving the big pile of red-colored notes under my eyes, the serious face of a still youngish looking King Bhumipol on the front, telling me I should paint more, more and more, "me can sell again tonight, make big money again"...taking her cell phone to tell her friends to come over for numerous modelling sessions...

Tjesus, I was counting to go and see the festival today, take Tuk to a sushi restaurant, look at all the stands selling everything and more, listen to the bands performing free music, enjoy the feeling of being in love....not so sure if leaving my roomkey with Jiff last night was such a good idea after all but then didn't I wanted to get more serious about the artistic side of my life?

No comments: