Sunday, March 14, 2010

Days in bangkok, final part

Thailand, Pattaya,
15-03-2010.

There is a steady sort of groaning coming from the next room, the sort of sounds originating from people having s*x, coming through the walls of my New Star hotel room as though they were made of thin paper, even deafening the sounds of my TV, while I'm watching it...normally these walls do block the noices beng made next door but this particular couple either is on a very big trip or else have been deprived of this adult-game-only for centuries...

Nothing to do but go back to the internet cafe down the soi and finish my "days in Bangkok" once and for all...

I wake up on the floor the taste of expensive cigars and stale Chang beer mixed with tasty Regency whisky on my tongue, the insides of my mouth cavity feeling as dry as the Sahara desert in high summer...on the floor instead of the king-size bed where Nong's snoring, heavy and not sounding all that happy - I 've a adult life time of experience hearing the difference of happy and unhappy snoring in the woman's dream world - ...wandering over to the inroom fridge for an ice-cold Chang, hoping it will give my poor head a bit of a reprive, good medicine after any given night of boozing, maybe a cold shower before cleaning up the mess left behind after last night's debacle...I still have a faint memory of a very angry Nong not getting certain info about Amanda and my sister in the deep south of Holland and probably the reason why I woke up on the floor instead of next to her in the bed...

I look with disgust at my soggy notebook containg all the sketches I made of these two Kathoys last night while waiting for Nong to arrive back at Sukumvit Road. A whole bottle of Chang has made my notes and Kathoy-related drawings asorry affair, maybe a colorful mess but leaving me feeling genuinely sorry, all my work for the dogs tail - Kee Mah as the Thai say - maybe putting the bloody thing upright on its hard cover might save some of my artistic work, maybe it will help me to read the notes I made of Kathoys discussing typical Thai third gender topics...

Breakfast is done in mutual silence and dominated by strong feelings of fustration wavering across the table in my direction, even overpowering the strong smell of strong Nescafe coffee, forget about the omelettes sunny side up...with all this d*rned whisky doing a serious number on my intestines I have a feeling it will get out faster as I can keep it in...

The Hindu temple on Silom Road is our day's excursion before I will be on the minibus back to Pattaya, ordered from the Sangri-la's inroom telefone service and supposed to pick me up in front of this little Hindu holy place smack in the middle of buzy Silom-Silom, where well-built sikhs with family and Yogis that have come all the way from India do their Darsha, a few Sadhus - holy men from the Hindu way of life - eye me curiously before returning to their sacred duties, insence rules the interior driving out the exhaust fumes from Bangkok's notoriously overcongested traffic...we do our own little Darsha untill my phone reminds me of the minibus waiting outside...

I remember there was no love lost in Nong's eyes but she still wished me happy days in Pattaya before walking down the road, back to her life with her silver-haired Norwegian sugar daddy, back to her Sangr-la hotel room while I got besieged with Go-Go bar related questions by these two new arrivals from Britain, wanting to know about the hottest bars and the Game in 24/7 big party place pattaya, promising me free beer and whisky if I would show them around Pattaya-Walking Street, the hottest bars, the best looking babes....whatever...

No comments: