Thursday, March 11, 2010

Days in Bangkok, part two.

Thailand, Pattaya,
11-03-2010.

Not really sure I am all that happy with my digital camara in my hand, showing Jan from Haarlem the photos of my art work adourning the walls of my room at the New Star. Not that I mind showing my stuff to Jan, I have after all promised him this little digital art show for days but always left my camara in my room...no, the real problem are the two Hot Mommas sitting next to us here late at night on this stone bench aptly named the Dutch Bench because of all the Dutch old hands to Pattaya converging here at this late hour...

No, the real reason of my discomfort is the serious misunderstanding between these two drunk as skunks ladies of the night, pulling hair and expensive Ray Ban sunglasses flying through the air, high heels smashing watever is left over of the 400 Baht sun protection...needless to say I put my camara away in a hurry - just in time too with one of them being pushed hard and landing all over my lap, that would have been my camara otherwise going after the Ray Ban sunglasses I guess - and make a hasty retreat together with Jan and Kees, another Dutch old hand and frequent Dutch Bench visitor...

Better I blog some more about my recent visit to Bangkok's rauchy district called Sukumvit Road instaed...

Two big condensed bottles of Chang into the waiting time here at Nana's waiting for Nong's imminent arrival and watching the cooked-food stalls preparing for a platoon of hungry Hot Mommas having a quick meal before their shifts at the various Go-Go bars all over Sukumvit Road...where my two Kathoy "friends" at the next table have upgraded their conversation from the advantages and disadvantages of having the s*x operation to the merits of having a German elderly silver hair Sugar Daddy with too much cash in his wallet and a Jelly-O beer gut to having an English young lagerlout as a foreign lover, still energetic in bed but with less cash in the pockets ...I smile beningly every time they look at me pretending to understand Nada in Thai...looking with greedy eyes at the silver bucket with ice on their table containing a big bottle of Mekhong whisky...

The approaching evening's darkness is filled with delicious smells coming from cooked catfish caught fresh this morning from the Chao Phraya river no doubt, noodles with pork so thoroughly cooked it will melt on your tongue, grilled chicken and salads covered in all sorts of tasty sauces, somne of them mixed with coconut milk, cinnamon or chilies, my appetite is getting the better of me and I am about to start ordering though still waiting for Nong...

When suddenly my Buddha amulet - a long-time gift from my awaiting evening's dinner partner, starts to burn slightly, betraying to me she must be near, playing her little Karen magic parlour tricks on me again...sure enough "me love you big time" a familiar female voice behind me, having crept up to me, wanting to surprise me as she always does...we Wai each other politely before she is in my arms, forgeting about the Thai aversion to public shows of emotions...I wonder if we should speak Thai tonight and give away my little eavesdropping secret to our Kathoy neighbors who are watching our little bear hugging contest with keen interest, let them know I have been secretly amuzing myself these past two hours listening to what they thought was their little kathoy-related conversation topics...

More to follow tomorrow.

No comments: