Sunday, February 28, 2010

A last walk around Phnom Penh

Cambodia, Phnom Penh, Boeng Kak Lake Area,
28-02-2010.

My walks around bustling phnom Pehn have by now become down-trotted pathways imprinted on the grid system street lay-out of greater Phnom Penh, stopping every so often at one of these numerous French colonial coffee houses, a plain old restaurant for my midday meal and more coffee, walking under a burning hot sun, well into its forties these last few days, my sketchbook and glasses inside an old 7/Eleven plastic bag still originating from my latest stint in Thailand and dangling from my wrist...

I have a sit-in at Phnom Wat to read my book, drink cherry flavoured ice tea, watch the monkey troop that seems to trive here at this little mount on which the Wat is built, apperently housing several Buddha images found a few hundert years ago by an old woman called Penh - Phnom Penh, get it? - a few young passing ladies eye me curiously soon returning and wanting to know if I like Yam-Yam, massage or maybe B*om-B*om, a few pictures later and a quick sketch I send them on their way, looking for another fat-wallet Farang or whatever they call us here...

The gasoline station across the road always a great stop for a quick noodle soup - I am not all that much impressed with local Cambodian food - reminding me of the great noodle soup they do back in Thailand...

Thailand where I will soon be again, my room in Pattaya where I often wake up to the smell of acrylic paint, the sounds of Hot Mommas waking up, maybe Miss Jiff doing her laundry in my bathroom using my shapoo, where i actually feel like I am under the influence of Lord Buddha's benign ways when I drink my early morning coffee on the boulevard, picking my models for the afternoon's painting sessions...

Yeah, painting always feel like going back to my soul, especially so in Pattaya where I have history aplenty and where I am always surrounded by the most beautiful women, posing for me in my room, joking and gossiping with their friends...

Maybe I should get a bit more proffessional about these art projects, instead of leaving all my stuff behind - or most of it anyway - take it home, expose it, live Pattaya long time and always be surrounded by stunningly beautiful women - who could blame me???

No comments: