Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A solution to my predicament

Thailand, Pattaya,
03-02-2010.

I leave Moo alone in my room, sleeping the sleep of the exhausted, any food I have brought her coming out again the wrong way and often she can't even make it in time to the toilet, plenty of fluids don't seem to help her much either...

I'm getting quite worried as are the ladies from the reception who seem covinced she is possessed by an evil spirit, a malignant ghould chasing her from the afterlife, maybe Joseph calling to her from the dope pusher's version of Nirvana...I'm actually getting quite worried, if she dies on me in that room I might well get myself into serious problems with the local police, lots of paper work to fill out back at Soi Police Station will be thre last of my worries then I guess...

To distract myself I have decided on a small fishing expedition out at sea organised by Englsih Steve, the owner of the Thistle Bar down in Soi Post Office. The idea is really quite simple, you report at his bar, put your name on the list and pay 500 Baht for the boat, a further 40 Baht for each drink you take, a free lunch will be provided by the crew using your own catch, plenty of sunshine and small talk with what are mostly the old hands to Pattaya most of whom I have known for years, a good deal of distraction for my worried farang mind...

A bit sunburned and in the possession of a plastic 7/Eleven bag full with Red Snapper - a small gift for the ladies from the reception as well as the cleaning ladies of my hotel - and my head returning to my present predicament...

Not like I am not on a fast downhill slide myself with booze having claimed my body and soul for quite some long and lonely years but now things are really out of control with plentifull clues but scarely a viable solution, are my actions concerning Moo ethical or just coming forth from a misplaced guilt complex concerning my REAL sister, allowing poor Moo to take ger place, becoming my sister in this crazy Kingdom, maybe a way to heal my over-damaged Karma...

Not like I can repair the GREAT wrong in my life, haunted by evil, hunted by a prey that in itself should be hunted instead, something that exists only in my own mind, a puzzle that should and will be solved one way or the other in te long run, or maybe a game which I can not win but which in itself can win anytime it chooses...

Entering the lobby of my hotel, hoisting my bag of fish high in the air as the trophy of some sort of Big Game Hunter who has just managed to shoot down a Bull Elefant, I find only downcast looks, Hot Mommas waiting for customers desperately trying to avoid my blue shiners, motorbike taxi drivers looking at everything but my prize...for a moment I feel terrified then I realise No Police, No ambulance and my room key in the petite hands of Lady Receptionist Numero Uno..."Sorry mister Hans, lady you leave today, say not like come back"...

I presume the situation has solved itself and whether or not I should feel happy...well, it remains to be seen...

No comments: