Monday, February 15, 2010

A birthday party at the Mojo Bar

Cambodia, Sihanoukville, Victory Hill,
15-02-2010.

Mouritz's birthday party at the Mojo Bar is quite a happy scene with the mostly French clientele getting pas de sober on the ever-present Anchor beer, courtesy of Mister Birthday Pig himself...

Though my French is poor and therefore not very popular among these Frenchies on foreigner soil, my sketchbook full with caricatures of the Mojo bar clientele done over the past few days, is going from hand to hand, content caricature models pushing free beers and the occasional spliff of Cambodian weed into my willing hands...

Being effected by the gay admosphere I still can't help but remember my past few weeks in pattaya where poor Moo in my mind's eye is lying stretched out on a beach chair, no more happy young woman there chasing Farang s*x tourists for a five hundert Baht shorttime, no more knocking on my door at 02.00 h. looking for a place to crash, a few bottles of big Leo in a plastic 7/Eleven bag to while away a few tranquil hours on the bed, Thai love songs on my telly and telling me her experiences of the night, poor Moo who was always ready for a good fight, always on the look-out for a potential fat-wallet customer, her high-pitched laugh something of the past but always remembered inside my Frang skull...

Getting slowly but mellowly depressive I decide to return to my room while everybody else is off to the beach, the sounds of birthday fireworks ringing in my ears while I am overcome with remorse, motorbike taxistas hoping to sell me mellow grass or maybe a ride to chickenfarm street, sexily dressed bar girls working hard on the Farang Pattaya expat club on a visa run here on Victory Hill, all and everybody happy while I sit alone in my room drinking a last can of Anchor and thinking about a lady of the night who was once full with life and is now pining away waiting for the inevitable end caused by the ravages of the HIV virus...

No comments: