Saturday, February 6, 2010

My personal guards

Thailand, Pattaya,

My coffee is hot and steamy and my hands are trembling due to all the Hot Momma painting I have done these last few days, a few moments of cherished freedom from the chaotic mess my room has become, standing in front of my wall with a Bangkok Post page taped to it, a orange hotel provided towel wrapped around me hips, pencils and plastic plates with the remants of dried acrylic paint, a lady of the night in a sort of provocative posture while another lady is happily taking advantage of my free shower, shampoo and tooth paste - these ladies of the night always seem to carry a tooth brush with them, one never knows where one will end up in their line of profession I guess - others sitting on the bed drinking Mhekong Whisky mixed with Coca Cola and cubes of ice....

More often than not they like to play their little jokes on me tugging at my towel or trying to pinch my bottom - sort of hard to concentrate I might say - constant typical female giggles and Isan accented excited female shrieks when they discuss the various Farang boyfriends most intimate details....

Oh yeah I am back in the zone again having painted at least thirty Hot Mommas in a few single days - I presume if I had slept with all my models as my new buddy Peter Klashorst the "enfant terrible" of the Dutch art scene claims to do, I would be a real physical wreck by now though the lack of sleep is surely doing me in with new models knocking on my door at any time of the day or night - after all this is big party place Pattaya where they action never really stops...

Enough really is enough and I feel like running over to the boulevard for another cup of coffee, maybe stretch out my exhausted body on a stone bench, a few cherished moments of Hot Momma absence could only be good and tranquil...

But then the boulevard is full with Kathoy montrosities, mangy dogs with flea ridden bodies and lice and wurm ridden pigeons, stump showing beggars, bug sellers who will try to convince me fried grasshoppers are really very nutricious...and many, many more potential models...

Yeah, Pattaya is a porfuntory and drab city but it does have a certain atraction, a bit like pockets of appealing pleasures...the thing is I have to make it out of my room, my room that these last few days has become a bit of a prison with my Isan sisterhood of models my very personal guards, unwilling to let me go...

still, even at a hundert Baht a model my money will soon run out, my ATM card downstairs in the hotel's safe probably my ticket to "freedom"...

No comments: