Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Land of Allah U 'Akbar

Dubai, 14 April 2011.

Weird nightmares and frequent wake-up calls from a limbo state of mind I am not all that unfamiliar with though this time not the result of too much luke warm cheap supermarket supplied beer in my Farang belly, back in my own bed in Amsterdam, back in that crappy old house I live in...no, this time, I have no doubt, the reslut of five days of a serious lack of alcohol in my bodily and mental system, causing havoc on my dream world and playing tricks on my mental realities during my Dubai nights...

I drink Malt Bavaria nad Two Horses, sweet and bitter in front of the telly of my 50 Euro, two room apartment trying hard to ignore all the little pleasures of life I could have gotten back in Bankok with Nong, maybe on my own in Pattaya, down there in the Land Of Smiles instead of sitting in front of this stupid TV that plays non-stop Arabic soaps and Al Jazeerah news flashes of uprisings in this Allah U'Akbar part of the world, a rebelion in the land of the Mad Dog Muahamar talked about in depth by talking heads carrying the inevitable white and red checkered Kaffiyeh, the dangers of infectious insurections to those not yet hit by the calls of the unemployed arab youth...

Tommorow I fly back and goodbeye to Dubai and its oriental mix of Arab and sub Indian cultures

No comments: