Sunday, April 17, 2011

Doing it my way

Amsterdam, 17 April 2011.

Wonder if sitting here outside the Anne Frank house under a nice spring sun and selling my games, 8 in total today, not all that bad for my first day of the year, makes me as much of a loser as those dumb tattoed f*cks that hang out in the Kao Sarn Road in Bangkok, or maybe in Pattaya, risking anything to stay Thailand LONG TIME...

Maybe the Hippy scêne in New Dehli, living on a bare bread excistence, staying in supercheap hostel dormitories, anything but going back to their European homelands where the local social service will pester them into taking a job, you have to make your own money mister whatever your name, can't hold up your hand anymore, no idling at home drinking cheap beer and smoking pot in front of your telly watching boring soaps that don't really penetrade your doped-up gray brain cells...

I am NOT a member anymore of the Westerpark Brotherhood of Professional Drunks and Coffee Shop Habituees...

Instead I sit here outside the Anne Frank House, making and selling my games, saving money, Beaucoup D'argent, Un Montón De Dinero for my next trip to King Bhumipol's Asian realm where I feel like I live my life instead of other people living it for me as is the case here in Amsterdam...

Yeah, I can understand all these wasted doped-up hippies in Dehli, young Thailand lovers in their dirty rags and sweaty clothes back at Kao Sarn Road in Krung Thep, their beat up blue jeans hanging from skinny hips, unwilling to go back home, maybe beg for some more Peso from Mum, or else seriously consider a one time only dope run to Tokio - in the end there will be more and more of these Ya Ba runs untill their luck will run out...

Maybe my way out here under this early spring sun ain't so bad after all, do my volunteer job at the animal farm for children to keep the social service freaks off my back, clean rabbit cages and shovel Shetland pony manure two or three half days a week and spend the remainer of my time at the number one tourist hotspot of Amsterdam...

The drawing is of two hares I saw today in Westerpark enjoying the same spring sun as I did...

No comments: