Monday, December 27, 2010

Moo's story

Holland, Amsterdam,
27 Dec. 2010.

With my imminent departure for King Bhumipol's Asian realm, that ten hours of flying to a tropical destination where the Leo beer is cheap, the Khao Pat khong extremely tatsy, noodle soup with fresh vegetable, chicken or pork, maybe beef for a change, where Thai ladies of the night run down my door at the New Star Guesthouse for free modelling sessions, watching Star Trek on my one hundert channel TV, making a mess of my bathroom - never mind, the cleaning ladies come up every day - basically where the life is good and comfortable for a confirmed farang bachelor from the Rich West, I can't but help thinking about poor Moo with her glazed over eyes, pining away in her beach chair last winter, the ravages of full blown AIDS destroying her erstwhile beautifull Asian body...

Moo, who has always been my friend, not my lover but more like a younger sister in Thailand, my Nongsao who taught me her Isan Thai, modelled for me more times as I can remember, who took me back to her native village near Buriram...a dust ruled hamlet where we had to sleep on the floor on reet mats, where I played Thai checkers with her dad on the verandah while being plaqued by countless mozzies, underterred by these green colored mosquito coils...

Moo, who came to Pattaya early on in her teenage years, fleeing twelve hours of grueling work in the rice paddies each day under a harsh Thai sun, dreams aplenty of meeting a handsome Farang male who would give her two/three Leuk Kreug babies and support her...

I guess my old German pal, Joseph was her dream man, nutty Joseph who as so many Farang males coming to Thailand the first time, wanted to stay long time, willing to take the risk, not all that unfamiliar to the dope trade back home in his native Sauerkraut Und Bratwurst country making countless runs to Maastricht for that green colored Mariuana leave, cheap and semi-legal in Holland, expensive and forbidden in Deutschland...why not make a couple of runs to Tokio, Japan with a bit stronger dope from Thailand...stay Thailand long time, success guaranteed...

Yeah, success was indeed guaranteed with a nice little article in the Bangkok Post on page three, photo included with Thailand's finest clad in their tight fitting brown uniforms, big Thai smiles on their faces, Farang dope peddler caught, promotion guaranteed as well as stay Thailand long time for crazy Joseph...though not exactly the way poor Joseph had expected, leaving Moo with her dreamed about two Leuk Kreug babies but no Farang male to help her out financially...Joseph died two years later in Yard Lao due to full blown AIDS but Pas De Medicine.

Last year I was willing to help her out, a taxi to the hospital, maybe her last years as a novice in a local Wat...but no, "we like Family, Hans, me can not take your money", "is like you customer me", "me not like"...and gone she was...

Wonder if I will see her again next month when I fly in my big aluminium flying machine, back to Krung Thep, back to Pattaya, back to my models from the street, back to my New Star Guesthouse room in Soi Honey Inn, my cold Leo beer and tasty Khao Pat Khong, a daily bowl of nutricious noodle soup with fresh vegetables but I fear not back to poor Moo whose body probably evetually did end up last summer at a local Wat, but not as a novice...no, at the cremation chamber!!!

2 comments:

Momo Luna S!gnals said...

Wow, intens verhaal Hans, teder beschreven ook.

heraclio said...

Dank je wel, Monica, een van de rampen in mijn leven denk ik.