Friday, December 31, 2010

Being on guard 24/7

Holland, Amsterdam,
31 Dec. 2010.

Street walkers on platform shoes, dressed in leopart skin mini skirts, some of them with heavily painted faces, walking around the Nana Plaza night food market, well beyond the 14.00 h. curfew, hungry young women from Thailand's northern provinces, no customer having paid the bar fee but empty stomachs a-plenty...

Collective gasping of breath by fat-bellied Farang customers in the Go-Go bars of Soi Cowboy when the next group of stunningly beautifull girls - most of them just past seventeen years of age - position themselves on the stage, flourescent bikini outfits showing of their best female parts, long shapely brown colored legs and apple sized boobies that will fit in the hairy claws of most of these Mau to the max on Chang beer Farang males...

Memories and mental pictures, the result of many winterings stints in far-away Thailand flash through my head while I cycle through Westerpark..."EIKEL"...I hear, bringing me instantly back to the present, reminding me this is Amsterdam where the population of park alcoholics, street junks, homeless losers, addicted alley hookers with a serious expensive habit have taken a distinctive dislike to me off late due, no doubt, to the reason behind my recent mental reveries, my upcoming trip of three months to the Land of the Smile...

Mayke, whose painting I finished only mere days ago, who presently spends most of her waking days searching the Amsterdam inner city looking for customers, Dinero so much needed for her Mary-Jane and beer fascinations, hassling me last week, her nowadays fat middle-age female body making serious work in the street s*x business a difficult affair...

Fat Kees - called Big Kees by all but me, making it clear to him I have no fears whatsoever - giving me harsh and angry stares from watery drunk eyes, can of cheap Spar beer in his big hand, when I return from my daily jogging sessions in Westerpark, but lacking the nerves to follow up on his eyes' threats...nothing to gain there in the way of martial arts practice, I suppose...

Back to the EIKEL screaming nutcases getting off my bike, unrolling the heavy iron bicycle chain lock from the handlebars but Harry The Shithead and normally easy going Pedrito decide to go for the hasty retreat...still no martial arts practice here either...

Yeah, the word is indeed out in the streets, Shiva will be off again to Thailand, agression mixing with jealousy, combined with heavy beer and coffee shop supplied shit making this the time of year I have to be on my Qui-Five 24/7...

    

No comments: