Thursday, December 30, 2010

Lady looking at God

Holland, Amsterdam,
30 Dec. 2010.

I have seen this middle-aged lady before in the park, standing motionless as always
under the same big pine tree, its boughs laden with a thawing layer of snow, big drops of melting snow falling on her parka, though she seems completely unaware of this cold wed stuff, instead looking up as though at God...

Maybe she is a non-believer, maybe admiring the gray clouds passing slowly by, driven on a slow winter breeze, or else she is paying her respect to the Thai Prah Phum that she probably believes have little wings here in this cold Amsterdam and have nothing better to do but amuse themselves flying around aimlessly...

Could be she is one of these people who believe that the tranquility ruling the life of these timit life forms like plants and trees can be transported into the corporal bodies of us humble human beings...provided you spend enough time opening your soul for them...

Or maybe all of this is just bullshit coming out of my chaotic f*cked-up brain...

By the time I am finsihed sketching her in this little hand-sized notebook I got a few weeks ago from the neighborhood's contact centre, she still hasn't moved in inch...a good model for my ever growing number of hand-sketched portraits but in my head I am still busy trying to figure out her purposes...  

No comments: