Monday, December 20, 2010

The causes of Lord Buddha's sadness

Hollans, Amsterdam,
20 Dec. 2010.

Yet another sad looking Lord Buddha coming out of my amatueristic Farang painting hands, another session in my self-chosen solitary mental monk's prayer cell where I forget the whole wide world around me but my plastic jars of acrylic paint, my pencils still sticky with previous bouts of similar sessions of complete self-indulgence...

Still, whenever I do Lord Buddha - be it sad or happy - I can't but wonder what went through the head of this greatest of mankind, that one short moment of reclining, getting enlightenment and his subsequent Death, that one brief moment of complete clarity, the absolute insight into the psyche of his fellow human compatriots...

Did he understand the motives of medal-dripping dictators, the who and what behind the blood-smeared hands of despots, doomed reformers whose changes turned out bad for those that they were meant for but very profitables to themselves, religious fanatics who killed in the name of their personal Higher Being but never achieved national statehood or cherished recognition ...

Did he see through the blasphemous Death of that misguided martyr in the early Palastine and the subsequent power of the Roman church that came out of it and slowly turned into a private club of childmolesters in modern time...let God judge our actions...

If so I can understand why he died so quickly after his Enlightenment 

No comments: