Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Westerchurch as seen from De Jordaan

Holland, Amsterdam,
10 Nov. 2010.

I cycle through rain and wind, high time for my departure to sunny Barcelona, the streets of my childhood far away though probably suffering from the same shitty weatherly conditions, wondering how far I have come in this life, a village boy moving to the big city and street wise beyond these long forgotten puppy years...

Or else, maybe a different life, a reincarnation brought about by the melangoly feelings inside my Gringo skull due to the depressing weather, sleek and damp cold making my bones feel like they got invaded by rheumatic pains...

Nearly a quarter of a century responsible for a comfortable feeling, coming out of time and familiarity, a farmer's son with the experience of backpacking through war-torn states like Sierra Leon, Cashmir and Birma - or was it called Myanmar? - where the police and assorted government controlled institutions were more of a threat than the Borrachos in rowdy Latin American bars in local Barrios Nocturnas....

Besieged by hatred and empathy of different races and skin color...shit it is cold!!!

No comments: