Friday, November 5, 2010

People from my street

Holland, Amsterdam,
05 Nov. 2010.

With my head heavy with my latest hangover, a result of last night's boozing downtown looking for female companionship but only finding empty wine glasses that needed constant refills, I watch the world go by from the entrance of my house door...

The pages of my sketchbook fill up fast despite my shaking hands, with my subjects quite familiar, neighbors, people from my street getting inmortalised by my trembling hands, an old man in flanel suit patiently waiting for a sketch, happy with the result he walks on, "good work, mate" he tells me in English...

A few coppers on bike patrol heading for the Turkish bakery next door for their Döner Kebab lunch spare me ten minutes of their precious time, "Leuke Tekeningen, Meneer", before moving on....

A local woman with her grumpy son has got another ten minutes before disappearing inside the care centre on the ground floor of my house...

        

No comments: