Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mental Preparations...a new trip.

Holland, Amsterdam.
11 Nov. 2010.

It is slowly sinking into the gray cells, into the neurons that swarm around inside my Gringo skull...provided I wake up in time tomorrow morning, make it to Amstel Station in time and board that darned Eurolines bus...I will be on the way to Barcelona, nearly three weeks in the land of the original Hispanohablantes...

Twenty-four long and boring hours in an overland bus that will probably more or less take the same route as I took on my crappy bicycle when last I made it to the Catalunya capital, the Ciudad of Barca, the city that the Dutch soccer hero Cruiff considers his second home and where I have already been more times as I can remember...either on cycle trips during my nutty Bicycle Messenger Years, during my real young days of Interrailing, and later on selling trhe Mandala Game...

Yeah, can't deny the fact I am quite excited...maybe a ferry to Ibiza or some other Meditarenean island...nearly three weeks of being away from the Dutch cold...

LOVE IT!!!....Just need to get on that darned bus tomorrow.  

No comments: