Sunday, November 7, 2010

Lidewij from Amsterdam

Holland, Amsterdam,
07 Nov. 2010.

This is Lidewij from Amsterdam though originally from the Dutch province Overrijsel, who came to Amsterdam to do her studies and hung on in good ole Mokum as many students from the Dutch hinterland tend to do after their graduation ...

I first met Lidewij at the petting zoo where I do my volunteer job, as always shovelling horse manure, goat shit and huge pig droppings, no pay but hard work nonetheless...

Lidewij came to check out one of our farm buildings, hoping for the blue prints to copy the structure back at the neighborhood farm which is just around the corner from the petting zoo and where my present model is involved in a volunteer project called Weggeef Winkel, a shop where you get your articles free of charge and runs on donations..an idea stolen from some obscure native American indian tribe...

The moment I saw her young finely shaped feminine face i knew I had to make a portrait of her...

For those of you who wonder - like all my friends here in Amsterdam do - how I get all these beauties to pose for me...the answer is really quite simple, JUST ASK...all women suffer from a certain dose of vanity and will therefore always wonder how beautifull they will turn out in the drawing. No is just no option for them...I never had a single woman say no!!!

Oh Yeah, thanks for posing for me Lidewij...hope you like the outcome.

No comments: