Saturday, November 13, 2010

By Euro-Lines bus to barcelona

Spain, Barcelona,
13 Nov. 2010.

¨Estacion Santt, Barcelona, Estacion Santt, Barcelona, Todos Bajan Aqui¨, I open first one eye and then slowly the other, my tongue feels a bit dry but not like parchment as it does usually went I wake up in my own bed in Amsterdam...but then I am not in Amsterdam, I am in Barcelona, and that after a whole day and night travelling in a bus with a stinking toilet which door could not be closed, engulving the whole bus with a sour smell of fresh excrement whenever one of my fellow travellers had the evil nerves to use it...

A bus only half full with travellers, most of which I was sure had someting to hide considering they got into a nervous twitch whenever we croassed a border...19 Euro more and I would have been on a three hour flight from Amsterdam to this catalunya city...but then I was adamant doing it the old fashioned way, bunking it up with the lower levels of society...20 years ago it were the coffee shop types, down and out after a extended Mary-Jane holiday to Holland`s capital, the coffee shop dream world of Spanish blowheads with rasta hair, braids carefully bred over years of smoking pot....old and greasy jeans devoid of a laundry job as well as girlfriends that looked hardly better...

Nowadays it were East-European Roma, illegal immigrants from Marruecos visting relatives in the country were they once started their illegal status before moving up north...all of them giving me suspiciuous looks at roadside restaurant stops, scared of my sketchbook - good thing I forgot my camara on purpose -

But then I am on a mission, spending my hard earned dough, being away from Holland and feel the tongue of the Hispano-Hablantes enter my veins and make the neurons inside my gray Gringo brain mass do a dance, make a tumbler and get things sorted out the lazy Spanish way...maybe sell a few Mandala games again out at Port Vell surrounded by illegal African street sellers, or else on Las Ramblas which is nowadays covered by living statues from Roma origin as contrary to the bangles selling Hippies I use to mingle with years, and even more years ago...try to make to old years come back the possitive way by travelling the negative way...

Let´s wait and see how this trip will work out.

No comments: