Sunday, November 14, 2010

The outlines of my mission

Spain, Barcelona,
14 Nov. 2010.

I slowly open first one eye and then the other, I see people half naked getting dressed, the semi-sickening smell of unwashed bodies after a night of boozing making me feel like puking...remembering the group of rowdy Scotchmen that entered the dormitory late at night, I sort of understand where the stink comes from, the noicy snoring in the bunk bed above me confirms my suspicions...

Contrary to yesterday my throat is parch dry making me remember the carton of cheap wine I finished off before going to bed, even in Spain, the one and only country of good Vino Tinto, the cheap stuff is better left alone!!!

But I remeber the outlines of my mission...three weeks of being out of the rheumatic Dutch autumn rain and bone chilling cold, walking around sunny Barcelona, sitting down every so often to read today edition of El pais or La Vanguardia while enjoying a strong expresso the Spainish way in one of the numerous bars in this great Catalunya city...

Maybe join the illegal African street sellers in Port Vell selling my handmade Mandala games and run when Los Mossos D`esquadra show up, making me remeber the years of Yonder, when I had Pas D`Argent, No dinero to speak of...

stroll the streets of this colorfull and cultural city, maybe do some sketches in my scrapbooks and have good food, El Menu Del Dia being quite affortable these days!!!

No comments: