Sunday, October 17, 2010

Three houses in Kolksteeg, Amsterdam centre.

Holland, Amsterdam,
17 Oct. 2010.

These three houses in the Kolksteeg in the heart of Amsterdam centre, I did yesterday returning from my one Euro breakfast at the Hema in the Nieuwedijk - special offer.

They tend to tilt a bit to the left which is normal in old Mokum with the city being built on marshland...the second entrance doors are for the people living overhead the steakhouses and the coffeeshop Boop.

The two steakhouses have been there for as long as I can remember but coffeeshop Boop on the right used to be a bar where I drank pints of Heineken while watching American wrestling on their ancient telly, together with a friend from Liverpool, good ole England, in the mid eighties when I had just moved to Amsterdam.

The original sketch was done with black pen out in the street...once back home I finished it with my markers and the aquarel pastels I bought last week.

No comments: