Saturday, October 16, 2010

Mexican Gran Hombre at the Anne Frank House

Holland, Amsterdam,
16 Oct. 2010.

This being late autumn with the Dutch weather way to cold to do my little one-man Mandala business at the Anne Frank House, still having to sit it out for my next stint in Asia, I have plenty of time on my hands and still feel inspired by this endless long queue of people from all over the world, obsessed with the idea of seeing poor Anne Frank's hiding place...

Fear of Nasi swines was making the Jewish family Frank go Tip-Toe around the Achterhuis during office hours - part of the house was used as an office - and the admosphere thus created is still tangible in the air...probably the main reason the Achterhuis is still so popular since in reality there is very little to see inside...

A Sigarillo smoking man with flanel suit and lightbrown hat attracts my attention, looking latino and somehow standing out in the crowd outside this world famous house, looking a bit like a mexican stately Haciendero...a good character for my sketchbook...

A lone ederly Mexicano male doing a six week tour of Europe and originating from Distrito Federal as he told me after I showed him the sketch when finished...    

No comments: