Monday, October 11, 2010

A distracting painting

Holland, Amsterdam,
11-Sept. 2010.
I wake up in my chaotic appartment, no sounds any more from my front room where my latest http://www.couchsurfing.org/ guest slept on my couch only mere days ago, no cozy chitchat with a young lady from the other side of the globe obsessed with seeing a bit of this world before her time is up reminding me of my countless backpack trips across this crazy antheap when I was so much younger, no charming lady to take to the petting zoo where I do my volunteer job twice a week shovelling cow shit and goat manure for the benefits of smiling neighborhood children, no lady backpacker who found her way to my couch to take on comprehensible bicycle tours across my beloved Mokum, ending the tour in my favorite Kam Yin for a well-deserved Nasi special with pork and a pint of frothy Heineken to wash it down my Gringo throat courtesy of my latest couch surfing guest...

I wake up to my chaotic appartment where my cans of paint, jam jars with dirty water and stained pensils, my markers and my countless sketchbooks lying around at random...a big canvas I found with the rubbish the other day, finally having found a destination in the form of a slender colorfull naked lady done while Ying was happily chatting on my computer with her friends in far away China, the painting that made paint fly all over the place staining my old blue jeans and my dusty carpet, but the same painting that seemed to impress Ying so much it distracted her from her precious chatting sessions on Facebook...

The painting itself can be seen in this entry...enjoy or not, it is up to you.