Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Amsterdam Westerchurch tower

Holland, Amsterdam,
14 oct. 2010.

The Amsterdam Westerkerk tower  as seen from the Second Anjeliersdwarsstraat, in the heart of the city centre and visible even from Westerpark where I do my daily jogging, always reminding me of all these comfortable summers selling my Mandala games right underneath the tower of this old Amsterdam protestant church....

The Amsterdam Westerkerk tower inside the Amsterdam canal zone and the subject of countless tourist photos, visble from most of this aforementioned canal zone and a still witness to the brutal invasion f hordes of Nasi swines...the same Nasi swines that eventually invaded the Jewish Family's Frank hiding place, shipping them off to the polish extermination camps where only Otto Frank survived the horrors and hardship that every so often plaque the human race...

But still the same tower that whenever I see it, reminds me of all the summer days sitting outside sun in my face and selling my Mandala games, enjoying myself and generally feeling happy with my life, peace in my heart and tranquility inside my gray brain mass...being dwarved by the Numero Uno monument of Ancient Mokum.

Hope you like the drawing.

No comments: