Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Anne Frank House in Amsterdam.

Holland, Amsterdam,
31 Oct. 2010.

So finally a drawing of the tourist hotspot Numero Uno in Amsterdam, the Anne Frank House...on the "To-Do" list of nearly every visitor to Amsterdam - down and out young coffeeshop habitues excluded I guess.

The original house itself is the one in the middle, colored in green...the house on the far right behind the tree used to be a student's home with me hiding behind that infamous long line of tourists waiting for their turn to enter, selling my games without and before I acquired the benefits of my street selling licence, hiding from the police while making a bundle on funny handmade little Asian games that can be shaped in a multitude of different shapes, Mandala games that brought in all that black undeclared dough that enabled me to make my big and long backpack trips across Mother Earth in my younger years...

Not that the Dutch Amsterdam police were ever really Un Gran Problema with me keeping them informed of pickpocket and street robber activity in the neighborhood...now that I have the licence we are just more open about it with coppers on bike or foot patrol often stopping for a chat...

The student's home is nowadays part of the Anne Frank House and the tree in front of it is where you can find me on any sunny summer day selling and or making my games, answering typical tourist questions, looking after huge backpacks not allowed inside the House, having a chat with members from the nieghborhood, my friends, the Anne Frank security people or the coppers...

In short, a very free and happy life with me wintering in far-away Asia when snow and rain have chased me out of my beloved Mokum... 

No comments: