Monday, October 25, 2010

Mother Theresa in her younger days

Holland, Amsterdam,
25 Oct. 2010.

I love to spend some time in front of my house after my late afternoon sort of daily jog in the park, admire the Yings of the Amsterdam Multiculti society walking by on high heels and throwing provocative smiles in my direction - yeah I knew I needed that shave this morning - , the fat Pensionado from next door always willing for a daily dose of gossip before mounting the steps of his third floor appartment, panting heavily and groaning under his breath due to the arithmic pains in his short O-shaped legs....always reminding me old age comes with a certain price tag.

My lady neighbor, the smells of freshly washed clothes and expensive shampoo invading my nostrils while I keep myself busy with Hannes, her three year old son who she has picked up from his playground, Mon Grand Petit Ami as I always call him in French though soon enough the roles will be reversed I fear...

An unshaved and dirty clothed Rob, bringing me back the dough he has been borrowing this month, reminding me that today was the social wellfare pay day...stale beer smells and a walm of cheap tabacco engulves me before he rushes up my stairs on the way to my toilet, good ole alcoholic's diarrhoae once again getting the better of him...I guess I will have to spend some more time out here admiring the street live of the Amsterdam Spaarndammer Barrio to let the stink evaporate and I can take my shower.

The painting is of a woman I saw today at the Tweede Mijl and who reminded me a bit of Mother Theresa in her younger days...

No comments: