Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lord Buddha on my door

Thailand, Pattaya,
31-01-2010.

A mere twenty Bhat motorbike taxi ride to the bus terminal, disappearing again from my eyes, maybe but not from my shattered heart, a seperation of two Phi, two souls that connected a long time ago...seeing her on the back of that d*rned motorbike late at night going down the Soi that even well after midnight is still vibrating with life, turning her beautiful roound face a last time and scraeming for all to hear "ME LOVE YOU BIG TIME ALWAYS, MY BIG TILAK", then she is gone leaving me feeling a bit like a bundle of exposed nerve ends, a dreadful mess of destroyed mental neurons, memories smoldering in my brains aplenty...

I decide to leave the boulevard alone, going up to my room for a well deserved night of hopefully deep sleep, leaving the motorbike cabbies in front of my hotel alone who pretend to be otherwise preoccupied, maybe a game of Thai checkers to avoid noticing my distress, saving me face BIG TIME, but there is no wilful denial here, my heart is lonely once more and the half liter bottle of Honky-Tonky whisky she left me - Hong Mhong it is really called - will do nothing to knock me out, I know that for a fact...

Instead I tape a page from the Bangkok Post to the wall and using the small tapes of fluorescent acrylics paint I bought the other day at the market, my small water color pensils and my crayons, I paint a huge Lord Buddha face, painfully working on each individual brush stroke, giving each line with my crayons careful attention. I am in the "zone" now and taking great advantage of it, taking small swiggs from the Honky-Tonky whisky, working, painting, working, painting, pushing the memories to the deeper recesses of my Farang mind...

When finally I am done and my Honky-Tonky cr*p down to my belly, the unrest is once more upon me and being 04.00 o'clock in the morning, there is still no sleep so I tape my Lord Buddha image to the outside of my door, deciding on a few Chang beer out in the Soi, watching the last Ladies of the Night returning to their collective rooms down at Soi Bhukaouw, asking me in passing " you like shorttime sir?", the last punters drunk from the numerous Go-Go bars with a petite vixen bar lady dragging them home...

Going up the stairs to my room I find my Lord Buddha image gone from my door...someone must have really liked it to steal it like that in the dead of night...can't possibly have been a Thai!!!

No comments: