Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The gathering of the starling nation.

Amsterdam, 10-12-2007. I`m getting fit again and I can feel it!!!Four laps today around the park late afternoon and with the "starling clans" gathering above me in their favourite sleeping trees. Every late afternoon they gather in my neighborhood, together in their thousands, rumour has it they are actually polish, having come over to Holland to winter here while our own starlings are in England wintering there. Whatever, it`s quite a sight and keeps me amused while I try to do my work-out. While I run my laps and with the rain getting heavier and the starling nation setling down for the night, the Westerpark "Brotherhood of Drunks" too look for shelter underneath this little roof covered camping table. I`ve been there myself half drunk on cheap supermarket beer, blowing pot and often much earlier in the day.

No comments: