Monday, December 3, 2007

Duisburg.


Duisburg/Deutschland, 30-11-2007. The overnight train from Warsaw to Duitsburg had a 70 min. delay which suits me fine because it means a full hour off the waiting time for my conexion to Amsterdam, still three hours to kill here in Duisburg, though. Arriving at Duisburg I was actually quite surprised at the enormous amount of Fahrgaeste - commuters, you know. - running to catch their train. I feel like I am in a chicken house that has been invaded by a fox with the chicken running wildly in absolute despair. I watch this creazy mayhem for a while before entering a small cafeteria for a cup of hot coffee. Outside the station I see the pigeon populaqtion of Duisburg waking up to a slight rain. Are they off better than those commuters I saw just minutes before?

No comments: