Saturday, December 1, 2007

Enjoying life again....


Budapest, 21-11-2007. While I can, with the utmost clarity, sense how my mind is leaving the Lands Of Confusion and my health restoring itself, no doubt due to the endless hours of walking around first Praque, then Bratislava and now Budapest, I`ve started to enjoy life again. I feel like i`m back in that life I lived when I was at the end of my puberty and in my early- and middle 20s interrailing around Europe, staying in cheap hostels all over the continent, sleeping on long overnight train trips traversing Europe from east to west, from north to south. The only difference now; I`ve more travel experience, I am now more street wise!!! The highlight of today was the Central Markethall. As always when I stroll across markets wherever in the world, I need to but follow my nose and all the smells that assault it that tell me what is for sale. The meat- and fish section are of course the easiest to find. Their smells the most overpowering but also the fruit- and vegetable stalls get the attention of my nose while my eyes feast on all the human interaction that goes on at a place like this. When I move up to the second floor it are my ears that are treated to a babelonian amount of different languages. Small wonder since it`s the second floor where all the souvenir stands are located as well as all the small little eateries.

No comments: