Saturday, May 28, 2011

Li Fang from Beijing

Amsterdam,

Li Wang is actually part of a tour group but unless most Chinese I have met over the years at the Anne frank House selling my funny little and very profitable Mandala games, Li is not too shy to come over and have a look at my handicraft stuff...my open sketchbook showing my latest models, two Thai monks last week in their tradional orange colored robes instantly cathes his Chinese eyes...a long search through the other pages showing all my other models anex customners plus as a bonus thrown in: still some pages with my Thai models from last winter, some of them in the nude, makes his yellowish colored roundish oriental face light up...

Maybe I can do his portrait too, even willing to pay me some old Dutch guilders his neighbors back in his huge Beijing apartment building brought back from their trip to our windmill ruled country - De Kinderdijk and De Zaanse Schans must have been on their Must-Do-List I realise while I listen to this comical description of my native Holland...

I do his portrait for free, one for him and one for my blogspot and sell him four games for 12 Euros - sorry Li but Dutch guilders are out and Euros being the newest currency - and get the whole of the tour group buying my other games...

Good business for me on a rainy and windy Dutch sunday morning in good old Mokum!!!

No comments: