Wednesday, January 18, 2012

About Soi dogs

Pattaya, 18 Jan. 2012.

After my Hot Momma induced nightmare state of mind the other day I have come to believe Bangkok might be a great alternative to my present location...too many memories of dead local Amigas and Farang friends who live it up, feel the need to boast actively about their nighttime encounters with the other gender in front of my guesthouse in Soi Honey-Inn...either I get a solid grip on this or else my Pattaya domicile will turn into the Farang/Hot Momma chaotic mess it usually seems to have to be after only mere weeks in this all Farang male paradise called Pattaya by the locals but the Big Male Party House for Farangs might be a better name...

Nearing the Buddha temple off a Soi on Sukhumvit Road after an near hour exhaustive hot afternoon walkI am taken out of my mental ponderings by a pack of nine or ten dogs, different sized but obviously all mongrels, sleeping and feeling lazy in the middle of the Soi, making me wonder why these stupid abandoned mutts always have to do their midday Siesta in the middle of public roads...

Hunderts of homeless, diseased and undernourished dogs wander the streets of Pattaya, social health and hazardous canine related problems aplent for both Farang residents, foreign tourists and the local populace aplenty but the Buddhist concept of reincranation probably the guildy reason for Pas D'Activite by the city council...

They eye me suspiciously from sleepy canine eyes but the heat seems to be my salvation, too much sun to chase the crazy Farang into the next canine territory...

I know of friends who always carry a bunch of stones in the basket of their bicycle when late at night they return home, maybe a Hot Momma conquest on the back, ready to face the militia of canine armies more active during the darker hours of night, with a stony defence...

However, like I siad, I can pass them unhindered and continue on my merry way to the temple!!!   

No comments: