Monday, January 16, 2012

A Hot Momma Funeral

Pattaya, 16 Jan. 2012.

The creamation tower is spewing forth dark grey colored clouds of smoke, a depressing sight really though the partly open bamboo coffinsitting on a dais in front of the creamation chambre's closed doors is even more depressing, revealing a small female corpse, whittish decaying skin betraying me aproximate time of death for this poor girl who even in death looks surpringly young and beautifull...

This is a funeral Isan style, I have seen it before up Thailand's north but still fascination is getting the better of me...

No Hot Mommas around of the living type paying their last respects to a fallen colleague of the night life, with the cadaver itself dressed in ragged long faded jeans and a  white T-shirt that has seen better days, bold red letters an advertisement to Red Bull energy drinks - does the Red Bull company donate to this particular temple? - her hands tied with a hennep robe in front of her to prevent the body from moving during rigor mortis, the partly open mouth contains an orange and some Chinese paper monopoly money for the afterlife or maybe, the next reincarnation around for a young victim of Thailand's infamous sex industry...I throw some one Baht coins into the coffin myself, maybe she can buy some mascara, jewelry or other typical female pharaphynalia in that next sorry excuse for an Isan Hot Momma excistence...

At her left site I detect a small glass of fermented rice whisky, maybe she died like Miss Guan, an alcohol overdose of moonshine crap, so popular among Thai prostitutes, a bit of her favourite tabacco crumpled across her chest, obviously she was a smoker when still alive....

A young monk willing to take some time off from his cherished meditation is at my side, showing me around and offering me some Chai afterwards...a moment of paying respect to an unknown female who was involved in the world's oldest trade but inside my Farang skull remembering all the Hot Mommas I got to know and left me in my own excistence...I wonder where they are now!!! 

No comments: