Saturday, December 31, 2011

The darned gossip machine

                                          Amsterdam, 31 Dec. 2011.

Back home, dead tired after yet another day of shovelling horse manure, cow dung and goat shit, another day at the petting zoo where the gossip machine was once again in full force, a bit like wind force gale ten running wild and without restrictions across the communal minds of my dear colleagues, the who-is-in love-with-whom always a big topic in any sub-culture of colleagial conversations...

Rumour has it I am in love with German born Andrea, but then Vera is convinced I am in eternal love with Laura. Sanny is the big match maker of the farm and maybe the only one who should know all that relational "shit" is not my English cup of tea but will give it a try anyway, Andrea is a good match for you, Hans, foremost on her match making mind...

Muscle ache and mental fatique are my only concerns when I cycle home, interested only in painting, no Andrea nor Laura ruling my gray brain cells but my paint brushes, my cans of acrylics, the cold beer in my Frigo as well as the cheap bottle of Albert Heyn Vin De Table De Coleur Rouge...

So sorry my dear colleagues but the only feminity I think about are the two dimensional types on my wooden boards...wish you all a happy new year nonetheless as well as to whoever is out there on the Sacred Internet reading all these weird stories about my life and mental tribulations I write down in the privacy of my crappy old house here in Amsterdam!!!

No comments: