Friday, December 30, 2011

Of hunting girl and brown-outs

                                              Amsterdam, 30 Dec. 2011.

My brown acrylic paint is a bit clotty - small wonder there considering I forgot to put the lid on the paint can last night, too much red wine, good food and cold pilsener I guess before staggering to my bed intoxicated and falling into a dreamless slumber...

Not that I care much, freaking around with my paint and brushes well into the night, alone but into the late hours accompanied only by my lifeless but trustworthy friends, red wine and cool beer, my models from the dream world where the crazy god Morpheus and the fickle lady Fortuna rule the trance I am in while I paint and paint...

I seem to remember I was back in The Phillipines last night, vividly reliving my scuba diving trips on Boracai Island, Puerto Gallera and more of these exotic locations in the Land Of The Phillipinos, starting and ending each trip In Manila's obscure area Ermita where the bars were plenty and the local Hunting Girls even more so, always on the look-out for pinkish male skin and the fat wallets these ladies of the Phillipine were probably hoping for, a couple of hungry babies back home in the back of their young female heads driving them on...making me wonder why the mother instinct is so much stronger than the father instinct...willingly selling their nubile Asian bodies to feet starving offspring...

Baby rooms in cheap steaming hotels where the all overpowering smell of stale unrine originating from the one and only dirty toilet ruled the sticky air in the corridors, groaning noices betraying coupling people...I still remember till today though all so long ago, almost like another life time, really!!!

Frequent brown-outs as the locals used to call electricity problems, and corrupt coppers apart from drunk and Pagwan promising cutomers - a Thai word for sweet talkers - were these poor creatures of the sex trade main problems...

No comments: