Saturday, October 15, 2011

A wine drinking session with Peter Klashorst

                                                Amsterdam,

Peter's studio in the heart of the Amsterdam city centre, is a typical artist's chaotic mess, a bit like my own house back in the Westerpark neighborhood but much bigger...colorfull paintings dot the walls, African masks placed around at random, jars containing acrylic stained water and used paint brushes all over the place, paintings depicted international looking ladies covering the paint stained wooden floor, empty and not so empty bottles of red wine of different cellars, half full glasses containing more red wine, a green crate with beer bottles, possibly a southern Dutch Abdij brand...like I said, just like my own place but much bigger...

I am greeted by the Man himself, Peter Klashorst aka Het Konijn Dat Klashorst Heet - the Dutch Rabbit - by a vintictive Metro journalist called Luuk Koelman - and introduced to an appetising looking caucasian woman in a sexy outfit - don't I just love lingerie! - who is his latest posing "victim" - talking Luuk Koelman way here - glasses of wine and even more female company of the more darked skinned type...

Getting home, my head heavy with red wine, I feel unable to sleep despite all the alcohol running wild in my veins, despite the long day at the petting zoo and the bodily exhaustive work I did there all day, too many images of naked ladies, painted and real going all over the place in my Dutch mind...

I have to piant, drink cheap supermarket supplied cold beer from my Frigo and paint, paint, paint....finding myself awake on the floor the next morning stark naked and several paintings "sort of finished". 

No comments: