Saturday, October 8, 2011

Steve Jobs and a Greek lady in a bar

                                                 Amsterdam,

Dead tired after my long walk around the Amsterdam city, breaking in my new army boots for my upcoming walking trip in Northern Spain El Camino De Santiago De Compostella, four weeks of trekking through La Espanya Verde on the way to that religious catholic bastion where supposedly the holy James, one of Jesus christ's  - yes, I mean that misguided zealot that came out of the Galilea Area in that so-called Holy Land Palestina 2000 odd years ago - apostels is burried...

Busy making this sketch from a Telegraaf newspaper photo of Steve Jobs, that icon from the American selicone industry who died a few days ago, enjoying a cup of steaming Java at a rediculous price of 3.40 Euros...well, money no matter no more with the upcoming demise of the economic European powerhouse's money I guess...

The green colored eyes of the lady at the next table glued on my fingers that travel across the pages of my sketchbook at light speed, the ashtray being used as an improptu water container for my aquarel colors - I don't smoke anymore after all...

I invite her over, offer her another 3.40 Euro coffee - at least the waiter brings her a sugar cookie into the bargain, why did't I get that titbit free of charge tooth decayer? - and offer to draw her portrait as well, learning a few more words of Greek like:

                                Kalimera = good morning
                                Kalispera = good afternoon
                                Kalinigta = good night
                                        ogi = no

I wonder why she taught me that last word, was there a hidden message involved...whatever, thanks for the little posing session miss Electra from Greece

                      

No comments: