Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Along EL Camino, four days of walking

Logronyo, 25 okt. 2011.

With my feet hurting like hell itself - intresting metaphor considering this is supposed to be a sacred hike - and the bands of my backpack burrying themselves deep into my shoulderbones,  I hike on throught the hills of northen Spain, enjoying the charming compnay of Marion from Stutgard, Marion who reminds me a lot of my greatest love in this life - well, one of my greatest loves in this life anyway - Andrea from Kassel, her blue blinking eyes and blond half long hair blowing in the wind while she tells me all about her life back home, her partner - Mierda - and her 27 year old son living in Argentina for studying purposes...

I try to pay her the most of my attention but at the same moment trying not to attach myself to her though she obviously enjoys my presence...so I tell her about my own life, my trips across the globe, my upcoming journey to that asian realm ten or twelve hours of flying from Amsterdam, how the local ladies run down my door in the New Star in Pattaya - I HAVE AFTER ALL NEVER BEEN ASHAMED OF MY LIFE STYLE - and show her the pics of my art work back in my house in Amsterdam - thanks again to the digital photography world where you don´t have to run around the world with a heavy and huge portfolio, a simple 69 euro digital camara will do with 800 pics on your memory stick...

Finally getting ahead of her just opun reaching Logronyo, I run into an old local geezer, drunk as the proverbial skunk and in the possession of a plastic bag full with cold beer and three yellowish teeth that he flashes at me broadly, inviting me for a couple of free drinkies...perfect opportunity to wait for my new found lady buddy before reaching Logronyo after a great day of walking El Camino...

No comments: