Sunday, May 3, 2009

I walk alone upon the path of death


Amsterdam,

In moments of doubt or deep pain
When I`m overpowered by my life.

I search around me everywhere I can
For kindred souls who know what I know not.

For those who have the strengh to mitigate
What makes me tremble, weep and often brood.

They tell me I cannot live life my way
Where all my feelings rule my conscious mind.

I must control myself before the act
Or else accept what I have long endured,
The brutal days of feeling lost and blind.

There have been times, not many but few
When someone has possessed the soothing balm.

Providing surcease for my angst and pain
But age has thaught me now one simple rule

Inside myself I must the screams contain
Whatever devils must be wrestled there.

The lessons learned will not be lost again.

We walk alone upon our final trip
No one can help us on that final day of death.

It is best to learn while time is still our friend
To trust ourselves and save our precious breath.

No comments: