Saturday, May 30, 2009

The HollandArtShop in Amsterdam


Amsterdam,

Three hours at the Animal Farm for Children helping out a lady in distress, Miss Domina Magriet even waied me the Thai way hoping to talk me into an extra shift because of staff shortage - Hey, she is the one always chasing her volunteers away with her dominant behaviour.

Still there is no way I can say no to the Thai wai, not with my Thai background anyway which she knows darned well!!!

I get to the Anne Frank House around 11.30 h. right in time for my appointment with a customer who phoned me last night for 40 Indian Games for a100 Euro, never showed up though, still business was good with 11 Indian Games out and 10 Euros looking after a backpack for a Japanese tourist - no backpacks allowed inside the Anne Frank House.

A short chat with Arjen who rents one of the little shops on Westermarkt trying to sell his artwork while watching the Westermarkt Brotherhood of Stupid Drunks slashing it out physically over tabacco and cheap supermarket beer with two cops on bicycles seperating them, trying hard to pacify them.

Good thing my dyas of drinking beer outside are mostly over!!!

Arjen Dijksma www.HollandArtShop.nl to see his artwork

No comments: