Friday, May 29, 2009

A high alcoholic interest rate

Amsterdam,

Two short rings used to mean that the Brotherhood of Evil Friends would be at my door hoping for free beer and a few joints from the Heavenly Coffee Shop just around the corner from my house. A whole day in the park boozing and typical male boasting untill the dough was fini, fini but the thirst still unquenchably big. Yeah lets get to Shiva`s house, he has been at the Anne Frank House all morning making money with his funny Indian Games, he`ll have money.

Well, all good and bad things eventually come to an end with me closing down the Spaarndammerstreet free bar permanently, kicking the crap out of some of them to get the message across.

Nowadays when I hear two short rings I know it is Rob usually bringing me back the money he has once again borrowed, normally not more than five Euros a month though sometimes I feel generous and let him have ten Euros.

He comes to my house early evening smashing drunk and on probably more than King Alcohol alone, big stories from the Brotherhood of Evil Friends, who has done what and how....Ramon aka as Demon has squatted Mien`s house who has been evicted to seven years in jail for murder last year and whose house got emptied by the police last week, that is, they kicked all the junks out of the place and left it to the housing people to clean up the mess.

Richard the Little Shit stole his bag, the bag he is so fond of and he always takes with him during his trips to Belgium where his family lives. "This time I will kill that crapcake", he tells me excitedly.

We walk down the street to the Albert Heyn, he wants to give me a free bottle of Red Wine as a sort of thank you for the bloody five Euro but we end up in the neighborhood`s hang-out Bar Numero Uno right across the road - I`m fully aware he needs to visit the john again having serious darm problems, alcoholic`s diarrhea you know.

When about an hour later I find myself alone back in my house enjoying my solitude in front of my telly, I realise that these five Euros have turned into 6 Euros and five cents, a bottle of Red Wine, several beers, a fried chicken sitting in my fridge and waiting for consumption and lets not forget the glass of Red Wine in that neighborhood`s Bar Numero Uno while Rob had to do his messy thing on the toilet....talking about a high interest rate!!!

2 comments:

Sergei said...

wasn't it called the Gang of Evil Brothers before?

heraclio said...

You`re right Sergei but since I quite literally - in some cases - kicked them out of my house I have sort of changed the nick name I gave them.

Hans