Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A trvial incident in the life of a street alcoholic

                                             Amsterdam, 19 June 2012.

Business is slow but at least the weather is perfect for a determined street seller like me, and slow or not my games still go fatser as I can possibly make them...

The positive nature of slow business means at least I can retract my gray brain cells to the more obscure corners of mind and memory tracts while my hands do the job, more and more games ending up on my maroon red window curtain that serves as sort of carpet that displays my little one-man street business...

A mental journey back to the orient, back to King Bhumipol's Asian realm where life is easy, the food healthy, tasty and cheap, where the ladies always give me beamy smiles, a couple of red ones and the privacy of my room will ensure willing models for my chaotic artwork...

If nothing else I can go and see some Farang friends and have a cold to the touch beer, maybe listen to the Hot Momma stories on Pattaya's infamous boulevard...

But no, Nada of this...heavy screams originating from the Westermark remind me that Gerard, one of the square's alcoholics has been freed from a three month monkey house sentence this very morning and already well on the way to King Alcohol's realm of mind destroying cheap supermarket supplied pilsener, maybe a couple of mind enhancing pills as a bonus...

The man is out of his mind on dope and booze but that is a trivial incindent in his loser's life on any given day. But after three months of prison enforced cold turkey he is super high and ready for a fight with whoever crosses his miserable existence...

I am not all that amazed to see him walking by ten minutes later, sweating like a pig and bleeding like a cow that has just met the butcher's knife...I guess he found his destiny for today...

Like I said, a trivial incident in the life of a street alcoholic!!!    

No comments: