Friday, June 29, 2012

A one-child policy

                                   Amsterdam, 29 June 2012.

Toda Raba I say to my latest Israeli customer, thank you so much in Hebrew, one of the many thank you's I have picked up in my "carreer" as an ambulant street seller...seems to work too, a happy customer with a newly game - if nothing else it will serve to keep inpatient young offspring busy in the often endless queue outside the Anne Frank Huose here in sunny Amsterdam - and another Five Euro ahead for me...

If no customers I just continue making games while my mind goes on never ending narratives, trying, mostly in vain, to find solutions for world problems.,.

Maybe the aim of the infamous one-child policy of China's exploding population, maybe it helps stemming an ever increasing influx of children but also in creating abandoned baby girls in a society bend on boys, with female infanticide and gender-selective abortions...

Similar baby girl unfriendly practices in India where the preference for male offspring comes into reality by the idea a dowry for the bridegroom, maybe male children better capable of supporting parents in old age...

However, the lack of female will greatly enhance prostitution, sexual rape, a generation of deperate bachelors that lack sexual outlet, no capability of finding a adequate female companion of wive...

Better I stop this negative mental narrative and concentrate on my customers

No comments: