Saturday, June 16, 2012

Delightful little names

Delightfull little names given to me during my backpack trips around the globe:



Barang....Cambodia
Farang....Thailand.
Limey.
Ferengi....Malaysia and Indonesia.
Rooinek.
Soutie.
Khawaja....pronounced in Egypt as Khawagga, from
the turkish Fat Man.
Msungu...certain african countries.
Gwailo....in Hong Kong.
Gringo....seems obvious.
Honkey.
Rosbiff.
Tomi.
Satan Nyora...Devil Snake in Bantu..< I liked that one >
Sassenach.
Round-Eyed Foreign Devil...Taiwan < I`ll never return >
Gai-Jin...you guessed it, yes Japan.
Sahip...India.
Bwana...Kenia.
Orang Puti...Borneo.

If anybody out there in the Internet realm has got any more to add...pls do so.

Hope you enjoy my collection of delightfull little names.

2 comments:

Momo Luna S!gnals said...

Hoi, alweer een tijdje terug dat ik hier was, maar het is weer een plezier om hier rond te dwalen en je posts te lezen.....

Groetjes, Monica

Momo Luna S!gnals said...

Oh ja vergeet ik nog te zeggen: prachtig al die reizen lijkt me. Ik heb niet zoveel gereids en nog nooit zo ver..... zou het we3l willen overigens.