Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My GATORS cap

                                        Amsterdam, 15 May 2012.

Five weeks back in Farang Land where the rain is a constant menage, especially so to a dedicated street seller like me, where stupid politicians piss on their own self importance - don't they do that all over the world, one might ask. - inatriculate media celebrities revel in their own enormous ego unabashed on TV talk shows  - as they probably do in any other country on Mother Earth - where soccer hooligans rule the streets after a match, never mind their team won or lost, lets get out and have some fun, right?

I miss the anarchic atmosphere of Bangkok, the friendly smiles of the locals, the good food available at thousands of fast cook stalls all over the Thai Kingdom at greatly reduced prices...

Even the heat and pollution, don't forget the inevitable corruption of dark brown clad police hassling my lady friends on the Khyber Pass Bench in Pattaya, are welcome after all the days of rain here in good old Mokum forcing me to stay indoors though the endless queue at my Plekkie at the Anne Frank House is where my would-be customers converge, day after day lining up to see the world famous Achterhuis, multi-hued umbrellas protecting tourist heads against the notorious unpredictable Dutch weather...

My GATORS cap, a gift from Cuban customer living in Fort Lauterdale, a favourite photo opportunity for any American visitor passing by. 

No comments: