Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Along El Camino, 17 days of walking

Rabanal El camino, 08 nov. 2011.

I watched with interest how this young and probably illegal immigrant Corean lady is taking care of her landlady, her Jefe, a ninety year old grumpy lady who needed help being transported to the dining table from her habitual place in front of the fire, how Miss Li cuts her meat for her, aiding her spoon to her ancient mouth and putting up with all her whining while patiently preparing her daily medication, sweet talking her Abuelita and meanwhile giving me seductive smiles and her dark eyes shooting hot silent promises at me...

I was the only customer in their little Alberque just before entering Astorga, last night and had been invited to the old lady´s private quarters where she was brooding in front of the fire, warming her brittle bones, listening to her younger niece talking to her with unnecessarily little real inetrest, the niece who upon leaving whispered to me that Esa Chica Coreana that looked after her older relative with so much Carinyo should really have a man in her life...

Needless to say that Miss li came to visit me last night...alas, in my dreams anyway...

Last night´s more interesting social contacts of the more intimiate nature - alas, in my dream world, remember - followed me today while I, as always these past two full weeks, defiantly walked on, painfull feet and cramped up legs notwithstanding  

No comments: