Sunday, November 6, 2011

Along the Camino, 15 days of walking.

Arcabueja, 7 km. from Leon, 06 nov. 2011.

the vineyards and high tabe lands, Las Mesitas En Espanyol and many fellow Peregrinos behind me, getting into the tird week of my hiking trip, feet still hurting every days as well as my shoulders from the straps of my heavy Mochila...but defiantly I walk on, maybe dragging my dead tired body along El Camino would really be a much better way to describe it...

Still...getting up at 06.30 h. early morning, quickly packing my gear together while everybody in the communal dormitories of Los Albergues Municipales is still snoring away, leaving in the still dark Madrugada, my painfull feet clad in my black army issued leather boots, I enjoy the dead calm of the Spanish country site, listening to the world wake up, birds calling out to a brand new day, slowly getting into my rhythm and really having the time of my life...

Reading local newspapers while having my Cafe Con Leche in some obscure bars in one of these small Aldeas where most of the houses are either in serious situations of decay or carry a sign proclaiming De Venta - the crisis is hitting Spain hard I guess - but I drag on and feel really SUPER, painfull freet and semi-paralysed shoulderblaes notwithstanding...

300 plus km. left to Santiago and 12 or 13 days of walking before my Eurolines bus departure...

No comments: